What Should I Write In An Essay About Self-Consciousness?
If you need to write about self-consciousness, you should know what it means. Most people think that it involves being embarrassed about your body or something you did. That is one definition, but it also involves being aware of yourself. For example, if you cut your hand, you are conscious of the pain. For most of the day, even sometimes while sleeping, you are self-conscious. This helps us to make choices, because if you were not aware you were thirsty, why would you go get a drink of water? Since you know your own thoughts, you are aware of yourself and your impact on the world around you. Write about your self-consciousness in relation to a certain situation, person or place.
Essay writing tips about self-consciousness
After you know what to write, you can do a little more research. Search online for some of the things discussed above to learn more about them. Having some background information is always a good idea. For example, if you are writing about self-consciousness as a college student in law school, then you should research what law students should be aware of or how the legal system makes us aware of expectations in our society and culture.
Here are some other tips you can use in general for writing the essay:
- Write notes on everything. Since you already have a topic, and you can brainstorm the specifics of it, write out any other ideas that come to you
- Develop your main idea or argument into a thesis statement. This is handy to have not only to use in your introduction, but to fall back on for every sentence of your paper. You can use it to guide every other statement you make
- Start with writing the body of your homework. These paragraphs will have the meat and potatoes (the main parts) of your research and brainstorming
- Then write the conclusion, because that is easy. All you need to do is summarize what you just finished writing Save the introduction for last, because you will be better able to introduce the topic doing the rest of the paper first. This is where you can put your full thesis statement, and spend more time on making these words interesting, engaging but still clear and concise
- Make sure you edit your project for errors and clarity after it’s done, or you might miss a mistake you could have corrected